VITAMIN C Antioxidant
Vitamin C is critical to providing the environment for the development of bones and teeth, building and maintaining body tissue, and assists in the metabolism of amino acids. Amino Acids are the building blocks of protein, which are a necessary component for building the body. There are two types of proteins: Structural proteins these are found in muscle, bones, connective tissue and in some cell walls; Functional protein include hormones such as insulin and thyroid hormone, digestive enzymes, and antibodies.
What are the symptoms of vitamin C deficiency?
The first symptoms of vitamin C deficiency tend to be:
- Tiredness and weakness.
- Muscle and joint pains.
- Easy bruising.
- Spots that look like tiny, red-blue bruises on your skin.
Other symptoms can include:
- Dry skin.
- Splitting hair.
- Swelling and discoloration of your gums.
- Sudden and unexpected bleeding from your gums.
- Poor healing of wounds.
- Problems ghting infections.
- Bleeding into joints, causing severe joint pains.
- Changes in your bones.
- Tooth loss.
- Weight loss